NITROUS OXIDE (LAUGHING GAS)
Nitrous Oxide is an unharmful, odorless, and virtually colorless gas. For many years, dentists have been using this colorless gas as the primary means of sedation.
Being safe to use, patients do not experience any drop in the supply of oxygen to their system while inhaling this odorless gas. While inhaling the laughing gas as it is commonly known as the patient is capable of not withholding from any bodily functions and experiences no signs of nausea.
It is common for patients to undergo a mild state of amnesia and may fall asleep with absolute no memories of anything that happened during the procedure.
There are many advantages to using Nitrous Oxide
- It is possible to control the degree of sedation.
- It is absolutely free of side-effects.
- The sedation does not affect any of the vital organs such as heart and lungs.
- The gaseous sedations helps in minimizing gagging.
- The sedation works as quickly. It begins to show its properties in less than 20 seconds post administering it.
We ensure that our patients are on the safe side.
Patients may be warned that it is not advised to use this sedation in case the patient was earlier diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Patients shall also not be administered with Nitrous Oxide if they are sufferers of emphysema, exotic chest problems, cold or other difficulties with breathing. In order to avoid any risks, we always ensure to understand the patient’s medical history prior to administering any type of sedation.