Everybody deserves a radiant smile. The teeth whitening cosmetic solution will help to enhance and brighten the color of the teeth by improving its texture by three shades. Patients tend to whiten their teeth due to discoloration. The primary cause of discoloration is the tendency to either smoke tobacco or drink beverages such as tea, coffee, or even red wine.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a widely used dental cosmetic procedure. This procedure will help to get rid of staining and discoloration of the teeth. Teeth whitening will allow patients to attain the natural glow and even enhance the appearance of their smile.
Why should one use this method?
The science behind the natural color of the teeth is very simple. The enamel is the outer natural layer of the teeth. The enamel covers an inner layer called dentin that is right below it. We notice the teeth’s natural color as light reflects off from the enamel.
The surface of the enamel consists of tiny pores that are capable of trapping food particles in the course of time. In spite of following regular oral hygiene practices, it will be impossible to remove the stains caused due to the prolonged accumulation of food particles inside these pores. For those who simply can’t stand the stain, we recommend them use cosmetic whitening procedures.
Here are some of the possible reasons for staining:
- Consistent use of tobacco.
- Drinking beverages such as tea, coffee, wine, etc.
- Irregular oral hygiene of the teeth.
What is the procedure involved in teeth whitening?
The teeth whitening cosmetic procedure will only require about 90 minutes of the patient’s time. Here is how a dental whitening procedure looks like.
- Before the onset of any procedure, the dentist will undergo a thorough examination of the teeth.
- The teeth will be cleansed by removing any signs of decay or cavities. Whitening products will not do well when applied to damaged teeth or even restorations. Hence, it is vital that the teeth are examined and proper cleaning is done. It is advised not to perform the procedure on unhealthy teeth as it may result in further dental problems.
- The whitening gel will be applied to the teeth three consecutive times during which the patient has to let the gel absorb the teeth for about 15 minutes.
- After every 15 minutes, the gel will be rinsed and washed off before the next application.
In cases where the patient finds it comfortable to have the procedure to be done at home, dentists can provide them with trays that can help whitening gel stick properly to the teeth. The whitening gel will help to brighten the color of the teeth.