Teeth often tend to look unappealing when they are broken or misshaped. Dental science has collaborated an excellent solution to broken or chipped teeth by introducing veneers. Veneers are a thin shell-like smooth material that is used to hide such discrepancies between the teeth. They can be directly cemented onto the surface of the teeth. An excellent choice of the material used is Porcelain. As Porcelain are safe due to their metal-free characteristics and their translucent nature makes them an excellent choice for veneers.
Veneers are a useful restorative option due to the following reasons:
- Excellent option for cosmetic solutions of the teeth.
- They can hide cracks, cavities, misshapen tooth, and severe discoloration.
- They can improve the appearance of teeth that are misaligned.
How to know if you are in need of veneers?
The dentist will undergo a prior examination of the teeth to recognize and evaluate if the patient is in need of veneers. Veneers are advised when the patient suffers from minor chips and cracks in the teeth, minor misalignments, and discoloration. Also, veneers are also an excellent choice of restoration of patients who require cosmetic solutions.
What are Veneers made of?
Veneers can either be composed of a composite material, porcelain, or plastic. Porcelain veneers are a popular choice due to their strong and durable nature. They also enhance the appearance of the teeth. Veneers can be customized to individually match the patient’s treatment plan. Veneers can be cemented to the teeth with the help of dental adhesives.
What are the benefits of Veneers?
Veneers offer a wide range of benefits apart from their cosmetic solutions. Veneers can help to attain a confident and attractive looking smile. Here are some of the benefits of getting veneers.
- Veneers are popularly known to provide a solution for teeth that have been severely discolored. They help to remove unappealing discoloration of the teeth.
- Veneers can help resolve minute misalignments of the teeth.
- They can cover cracks and scratches.
- They can help attain a natural looking smile.
- Veneers will help to resolve structural imperfections.
- Can pave a way to providing excellent cosmetic solutions.
- They restore the form and functionality of the teeth.
What is the procedure for getting a veneer?
With the advanced technology of CEREC, patients can now get their veneers in one sitting. Here is an idea of how the procedure looks like:
- Before placing the veneer, dentists will evaluate the amount of enamel that would require being removed.
- Patients will be provided dental sedatives to ensure that they are comfortable throughout the procedure.
- With the help of digital X-rays, dentists will take impressions of the teeth and send the treatment plan to the labs where the veneers will be designed and developed.
- A certain amount of enamel will be removed from the teeth that require veneers.
- While the patient waits, their veneers will be ready in the lab that takes only about 15 minutes.
- As they are ready, the veneers will be placed in the correct position by the dentist.
Patients will be advised regular oral hygiene routines after placement of their veneers.